Saturday 25 July 2009

Is it all going to be for something?

10km last evening in over 1 hour... not the best pace but a pretty good achievement! I hadn't expected to get myself up to this distance quite so easily. so far my long runs have been mostly quite 'okay'... it's the shorter ones around Clearwater Bay with the hills that have been more inconsistent, more testing.

I'd like to do this for more than just myself. I'd like to have a reason to be dedicated to a bigger 'good' (and perhaps then connected to a great 'power' to keep me going!)....

so I figure that I can raise HK$30,000 for charity - which I do not know yet! more to be revealed as I do some homework on a few possibilities.

So for a half-marathon (21km), $1430 will go towards sponsoring around 1km of my run. Or $100 will sponsor around 700m of my run (just under 2 rounds of a regular track and about half of the Happy Valley racecourse). For those who use the HVR as a benchmark, a half marathon is 15.5 rounds... which I hope to manage in 2hrs30mins! Good luck to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment