Monday 17 August 2009

So what's been up with you?

Great question huh?

Listening to this as I write... thinking about the next time my feet will 'hit the road' again... it feels just like this - close your eyes, pop in your earphones, think of a gorgeous road winding along the coastline and feel the sweat, the rhythm, the sense of not quite flying, one foot in front of another, no questions asked, no answers sought...


I am still hovering around 20km per week, give or take a few km. I wish I was a bit further along... and yet, I'm glad to be running, progress and endpoint notwithstanding.

A week ago on Friday, I did my longest run so far (just over 11km) and ended up hobbling for a few days following that. Not sure if it was because I ran 2 days in a row that week, or if it was the distance or the pace, but my groin cramped up from about 7-8km. So over the past week, even though I've run 3 times, i've really been quite gentle with myself, run-walking and slowing down considerably to accomodate my still-quite-achey right inner thigh. It's feeling quite good today, so I'm looking forward to my next run on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment