Friday 11 February 2011

Not quite sure what I feel...

It looks like I won't be in LA the week of the marathon itself... my plans may have to take a big shift towards the Sundown Marathon in Singapore at the end of May instead.

Good news is that I've gained another 10 weeks of training time, so I have a total of 15 weeks from now.

Not so good news is that this comes just after I had made up my mind to give it my all for LA (including psyching myself up for a 3.5-4hour long run this weekend and also making my hotel booking)... and the Sundown is an overnight marathon in hot weather...

But hey, what the heck right? If I'm going to do it, what's the big deal about a bit more sweating, a few swear words and potentially more challenges with hydration and chafing... REAL runners aren't put off by anything of these minor annoyances! Gotta remember my goals from the start of this year and that Singular Resounding Yes!

This week has looked like this -
Monday - 2 hours tennis
Tuesday - 30 minute spin interval, plus core/arms
Weds - 9.5km with 6x800m intervals
Thursday - easy 4.5km, plus core/arms
Today - rest/light yoga

Plan is for a 'quicker' long run tomorrow (will challenge myself to 20km @ 7-7.30 pace) since I don't have to do my 4 hour long run now. Weather forecast is for spitting drizzle and temps in the low teens... nothing to those in truly cold climes, but this is the real Hong Kong winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment