Thursday 17 March 2011

Backed up...

So I actually have so much to update you on... heck, i have so much to update ME on! I have a couple of entries that I simply haven't had time to tidy up and put on here. So instead of waiting for it all to come together, let me do what I can now...

My thought this morning - life and this year have gotten ahead of me. It's busier and more stressful at work these days, but I have also forgotten to keep up with some simple practices that can help me be more mindful... I'm looking forward to a 'review weekend' and the resumption of my morning 'quiet time' to start with! Have more trips planned over the next few months, and traveling does put a spanner in the works... but hey, life is good nonetheless!

Here's what I wrote while waiting for my flight home from LAX, 13th March 2011:

I’ve had a wonderful week here in Pasadena. The sun was shining, and yes, life can be just that simple! Joy is irrepressible when light, space and some nature (I could see the San Gabriel Mountains!) surrounds you. I loved that what little I saw of LA exuded a laid back, content air.

The work meetings went well and I loved getting to know my colleagues from around the globe. I managed to run/work out more than I expected, clocking 30km for a relatively light week. With the abundance of sweets/food on offer, as well as PMS, I caved with regards to watching my diet – but hey, what’s a few extra (giant) cookies and desserts in the bigger scheme of things?

Today capped it off very nicely – I woke at 8am and went out for a run. I started at the Westin, heading out to the Rose Bowl, where I did a couple of rounds before heading back. After a quick shower and breakfast, I hit the streets to do some shopping. I will be going home laden with more running goodies – new shoes (YAY!!! Asics Gel DS Sky Speed and NB Minimus trail), Skins compression calf socks (white and in extra small size, which I can’t get in HK), another pair of shorts and panties from Lululemon (I just could not resist, it’s like a obsession – I HAVE TO visit a Lululemon when I am travelling and seem to always leave with shorts and panties!). I also went on a small spree in Abercrombie & Fitch… getting all ready for the summer with shorts, a bikini and a couple of shirts thrown in.

I didn’t miss Hong Kong at all this week, which surprises me still.

Going off on a tangent – this was really supposed to be about my trip to Southern California – I thought it would be cool to show you my range of running shoes. The good, the bad and the ugly…

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment