Wednesday 15 September 2010

I wish I could remember...

... do you remember that life changing moment when you decided you would finally DO it?

One day about 18 months or so ago, I decided I would finally get off my arse. I just ran out of excuses, for one.

I started with yoga and after feeling the positive effects, began to think about other things.

Running... well, I don't really know how that one came about. I only remember wondering why I limited myself by saying "I'm not a runner! I can't run?!!". That thought slowly evolved into the distinct separation between I can't and I won't - the latter implying a choice that I didn't know I had.

A CHOICE which I had! and therein lay the empowerment that got me out the door.

I missed my long run on Sunday due to crazy rain. Substituted in a long yoga session which left me aching on Monday.
Monday - 6km plus strength/core
Tues - 10 km with 6km at tempo
Today - tennis
I'm aiming for a 35km week to make up for last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment